Sunday, December 04, 2005

Happy Birthday G!

November 27th 2005, 0625B

Well done, bro, & I hope you’ve had a great day :D All the best for the year ahead, & may there be many more still to come. With a bit of luck I’ll actually be there next year for your birthday, but I’ll be raising a glass to your health & happiness from here tonight ;)

That’s it for now though as I’ve got to get my ass into gear & get ready for the day – I’ll be going into the capital on “town pass” today, mostly to do my washing, so I need to get organised. With a little luck I’ll get to upload this to the blog while I’m in town & also have chance to get to a phone so I can at least speak to the man on his birthday, but given how comms have been lately….
Cheers for now though ;)

1735B

That was not the most comfortable trip I’ve ever made. The trip down wasn’t too bad, just noisy because the troops in the vehicle were in high spirits at the prospect of the women & booze to be found in the capital. The trip back was a little trying though, because the troops were in really high spirits after having gotten their hands on said women & booze, so they made one hell of a racket the whole way back. Thank God for impulse purchases is all I can say – when I saw how long it was going to take for the i-Pod I’d ordered to arrive, I bought an mp3 player here to tide me over till the i-Pod gets here, & today I was especially glad that I spent the extra cash. Those little in-ear earphones are hardly the loudest, so I wasn’t quite able to drown out the noise the troops were making, but I was at least able to dilute it enough to prevent me having a psychotic episode :P
Something else that made it a bloody unpleasant trip back to Muramvya was that the weather closed in on us, and it got pretty damned cold in the back of that truck let me tell you. At least I had the foresight to take my dry-mack along this morning so I didn’t get too wet, but it didn’t help much for the freezing wind.

Anyway, other than a less than delightful trip to & from the capital, the day went well enough. It wasn’t as productive as I would have liked, and pretty much all I managed to get done was my washing, but any day that I don’t have to do my laundry by hand is a day that I come out ahead on points at least :P
I didn’t get to call G to wish him a happy birthday unfortunately, but I’ve never been able to get through to his number from here so I wasn’t too surprised. SMS’s seem to go through, so he should get the one I sent, but I’m still disappointed I didn’t get to chat with him. I did get through to Ash though, & we had quite a pleasant chat. It was only a short call, as phone access is being restricted & strictly regulated again, but it was still good to chat with her. Mostly we spoke about the birthday party she had this weekend, & it seems like it went really well so I’m bummed that I wasn’t there for it. There’s always next year I guess, though I seem to be saying that a lot lately….
On the subject of which, I’m also going miss Noelles’ birthday in January next year, but one other thing I did get right today was find a gift for her which I’m rather pleased about. I was browsing through the video store across the road from the base when I found an absolute gem of a classic zombie flick trilogy that had her name written all over it. I doubt that she’s never seen them, given her predilection for this kind of movie, but I’ve never seen any of them – never mind all three together – in a shop anywhere else before so I doubt she owns copies, so it should still be something she’ll enjoy. I’m a little wary of sending them to her via post in time for her birthday though, as the MP’s have a nasty habit of confiscating dvd’s when they check what you’re sending, but it shouldn’t be too long after her birthday that I get to give them to her.

That’s about it for today though. I’m off to make myself some coffee, & then I’m going to crawl into my sleeping bag where it’s warm & read till it’s time to cuddle up to Morphette.
Till next time then ;)

No comments: