Sunday, January 29, 2006

Killing time….

January 27th 2006, 1630B

I’m having one of those funny “off” days today. Not really a bad day, more apathetic & irritable than anything. Chances are that it’s just a touch of cabin fever, & I just need a change of scenery to sort me out, so it’s probably a good thing I’ll be heading back to town on Sunday. Not that I’m looking forward to spending any length of time in the capital, you understand – just one or two days is enough. Just long enough to do my washing, make a few calls, and get to a net connection so that I can check my mail, & see what my friends have added to their blogs in the last 2 weeks. I’m especially looking forward to a little contact wit home, as it’s been really quiet in the respect the last few days, & I’ve been starting to feel a little isolated & cut-off. I guess it is the end of the month, & people are running low on airtime, but I’ve really missed the contact all the same.

And one other thing I really need to do when I get back to town is update this bloody McAfee anti-virus, because if the bloody reminder to do so pops up one more fucking time, I’m going to break something. I mean, I appreciate that it reminds me that my definitions are out of date, but to do so 5 times a bloody day? And that it forces Windows to task-switch away from what I’m busy with at the time is something that really gets on my tits. It’s become as intrusive & unwelcome as a bloody prostrate examination.

But this is starting to sound suspiciously like a bitching session, so it’s probably an idea to change the subject. It’s been a pleasant enough last few days since I updated this, if just that little bit too quiet for my liking. Of course that makes it rather tricky to actually come up with anything to say here lol Mostly I’ve spent the last few days reading, playing around with a few old photos in Photoshop, & trying to keep myself amused so that the time doesn’t drag so much.

The last is proving to be anything but easy to accomplish at the moment, given that I’m really excited at the prospect of getting home soon. There’s still no definite news as to when or for how long I’ll be home but, one way or the other, it’s at least sooner rather than later now. And I know that I sound like a broken record with this by now, but if I’m going to be staying on for that extra six months, then they have to give me leave in the very near future, so I should get some clarity next week when I’m back in the capital.

You never know, but maybe the next time I update this blog it’ll be from my connection at home. I doubt it, but I’ll let people know what’s happening as soon as possible. Till then, I guess I’ll just have to take it one day at a time – I’ve survived the last 209, so a few more aren’t going to kill me.

It just feels like it will lol

Anyway, that’s about the limit of what I can come up with right now, & it’s also time for supper so I’ll be finishing this off for now. Have a great weekend everyone, & I’ll catch up with you again soon.

Cheers for now though ;)

No comments: