Saturday, October 01, 2005

“The Long Road Home…”

September 29th 2005, 2210B

This time last year I had about 19 days to go before I got back to Durban. This year I’ve got roughly that many weeks left before I get on a plane. It may even be more than that, and perhaps even by choice. For the most part the thought of how long I still have to go here hasn’t particularly worried me, and I’ve been fairly well adjusted to the idea.
Tonight, however, is one of the times when it seems like the days I’m still going to be here stretch off into infinity before me.

You know what, I think I’m going to say fuck it & laugh this post off. It keeps going off in directions I really don’t want it to, so I end up deleting what I’ve just spent the last 20 minutes typing.
I’ll be fine tomorrow I imagine, but I’ve certainly been in happier moods than I am right now, & I’m not doing myself any favours by sitting here thinking about why I’m so maudlin and angry. I guess the abridged version will have to do.

I’m in a crappy mood, I miss my friends, & I want to go home.

See you all when I get home, guys. It’s not soon enough for my liking, but I’ll get there someday.

1 comment:

Gareth said...

Yeah man, we'll be waiting for ya. Chin up mate ;)